Science on Stage Festival 2017
Under the motto “Inventing the Future of Science Education” the 2017 Science on Stage festival, the largest European educational fair for STEM teachers, took place from 29 June – 2 July 2017 in Debrecen, Hungary. At the festival primary and secondary school teachers came together to exchange innovative teaching concepts.
- Paul Nugent, Santa Sabina and IOPI teacher network coordinator and Irish lead.
- Declan Cathcart, Temple Carrig School – “The Wonderful World of Woodlice”
- Máire Duffy, Clonkeen College – “Homemade Electroscopes”
- Robert Clarke, Confey College – “Green Greens?”
- Nicola Sheehan, Donabate Community College – “Numeracy with Knitting”
- Enda Carr, St. Marys Secondary School Glasnevin – “Zippie Chemistry”
- Sean Fogarty, St. Mary’s Seconday School – “Fun with Electomagnetism”
- David Keenehan, IOPI Teacher Network Coordinator – “Rotation”
- David O’Connell, Christian Brothers‘ Cork –”The magic of Science”
At the festival Robert Clarke and Declan Cathcart received highly commended awards for their projects. Paul Nugent, co-Chair of Science on Stage in Ireland was elected to the executive board of Science on Stage Europe.
The European webpage for this festival can be found here.